Some issues to consider when identifying long term recovery initiatives:
- Does it fill a post-disaster community need?
- Will there be a community-wide impact?
- Is it related to physical damage from Hurricane Michael?
- Does it encourage private investment?
- Can it assist in producing substantial long-term and/or lasting economic effects?
- Does it reduce or eliminate risk from future disasters?
- Is it realistic in its outcome – is it achievable?
- Is the project sustainable, both physically and financially?